Saturday, September 24, 2005


Welcome to Wycliffe Hall, Oxford University!

Alright, since I have had the day off from classes, I thought I would take some pictures of the hall and let everyone see where I am living and studying. So here is a brief tour. More from Oxford later probably, as I see new and cool things. These are just pictures from my college in Oxford.



Okay, the top picture is of the building I stay in, with my room being the one on the second floor, the window in the middle of the picture. It has a pretty sweet set-up from the outside, now I am working on making it the ultimate Oxford bachelor pad - suggestions? The second and third pictures are of the main building of Wycliffe Hall, where most of the activities like teaching and library stuff go on. My building and one other building make up the College, all right next to each other. Second picture is the back of the main building, walking from my room to it, and third is the front entrance.


Inside the main buliding: first is one of the lecture rooms where we take our lectures during the week. We don't have nearly as many lectures as in the States because most of the work is meant to be independent research. Interesting. To the right is the dinning hall where the entire college takes its meals. Every dinner is a more formal occasion, sitting down together and such, but we don't wear the gown like other colleges do. Then we have our chapel where we meet for worship everyday before classes start. It is amazing!

Well, it is having trouble putting in the pictures of my room, so you will have to use your imagination for now. Keywords you can work with: red, fire, dragon, ball-Z, Calvin, Not Drinking Water (yeah right), and $26 towel. Let me know what you come up with. Black and white sketches are fine.

So that is the place and everything is going great. We start classes on Monday for orientation week, and then off to the grind next week with real classes. Until then, cheers!

4 Comments:

At 4:22 pm, Blogger RJ said...

It sounds like your decorating ideas are on the right track. I suggest not installing carpet (if it doesn't come with any) and leaving your matress on the floor. Chicks dig this.

I had no idea oxford looked so much like grove city. Those darn brits can't do anything original, can they? We've got a constitution, they've got a constitution. We've got a bicameral government, they've got a bicameral government. We speak english, they speak english. Seriously. We've got red-bricked buildings, they've got red-bricked buildings. We hate they French, they hate the french. Tell them to start doing something original or just call themselves an official American colony.

my validation word is jovmtk, which sounds like a british slur.
"Wot the jov mt. k do you s'pose he meant by thot, Eustace?"

 
At 8:00 pm, Blogger Justin said...

Really? Chicks dig overt signs of poverty? I thought you had to sit around smoking a pipe and talking about Pacific Rim expansionism to meet girls across the pond. Maybe even a bicameral chick (or two, possibly even at once if they really are bicameral) if you have one of the nifty globes on the freestanding wooden stand thing...

 
At 1:45 pm, Blogger Mair said...

Your new abode is lovely. We've been thinking about you lately - hope you are well and everything is enjoyable!

 
At 7:48 am, Blogger E. Twist said...

Yo, could you send me those pics. My family wants them. Peace, E.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home